So this weekend I received a very nice Surprise! Designing Dee was nominated for a Liebster Award by The Corner Farmhouse
Thank you Corner Farmhouse!
After the initial giddiness, I thought..”what is a Liebster award?” So I did a little research and found out that it’s kind of a meet and greet type award for smaller blogs. The nomination means that you were noticed by another blog, and ideally, if you accept, you have the opportunity to recognize some of the smaller blogs that you enjoy reading.
At the same you are given some random questions to help blogs (and I’m sure my readers) get to know me and post 5 random facts about yourself. So…I thought…”why not”, “Yay”, “Woo Hoo, Somebody noticed”, and then I got to work deciding; deciding both the answers to my questions and of course, who I was going to nominate!
So Here’s the questions and those 5 random facts…
- I don’t mind cooing dinner, I just HATE having to decide what’s for dinner
- I love watching DIY shows, right now, my favorite is Rehab Addict
- I want to exercise…but I just can’t bring my self to begin
- I make fun of my mom for all of her health nut ideas but recently I’ve started pay more attention to that stuff.
- I sometimes wish I lived on a large piece of property where I could have a big garden.
1 How would you describe your style as it is reflected in your blog? I wondered…do I have a style? I think so, and I would best describe it as casual and hopefully encouraging. I enjoy sharing projects that I’ve completed. I think that sharing the ”how to” may help other’s see how to do something and give them the confidence to give it a try, because it’s not that hard. Secondly, I believe that everyone has a story to tell and they need to share it. You never know when another person needs to hear how you overcame. It’s encouraging to know that there are those who have struggled and made it through and that they themselves are not the only one who struggles.
2. What is your favorite thing about your blog that you hope others can appreciate? Sharing my love for Christ and how recognizing His love for me has changed my life…for the better.
3. Who would you be most thrilled to have following your blog and why? Gosh, I didn’t know how to answer this, because the people who would thrill me if they follow, are the ones that are important to me, and I do believe they already follow..you know my family, hubby, mom, children etc. In reality I get a little excited every time I notice that the Designing Dee following has grown, because each of you is important and that means that the reach of this little blog is growing too! And again, you never know who and how a story can influence someone.
4. What is your profession (and I include anyone who works at raising a family!), and how is it related to your blog? I’m a stay at home mom at heart, I was blessed for many years to work in the home office of my hubby, and raise my daughters. It wasn’t an easy thing, it was a busy, busy office, but I did get to work from home and do all the fun and important things that moms do. I began to write during that time as I was pondering what God had in His plans for me. Currently, I work in a general contractor’s office as an executive admin., I am the jack of all tasks there. (Is that even a saying?, I think it must be) This job was truly a life saver, a gift from God, when the economy took a dive. It came through at the perfect time. Hopefully, one day that work from home part will come to pass again…but this time, I am thinking about what I can do to find some creativity in my income. Maybe paint furniture, maybe create photo albums for others, maybe photograph families…it’s a mystery at this point but until then…..
5. If you could take any class you wanted for free, what would you learn how to do or how to do better? The first thing that popped into my head here is a photography class. I enjoy taking pictures and I’d like to get better at it. I’d love it if the settings on my camera would become second nature instead of my having to think and reason them out in my head….it’s all so confusing sometimes.
6. What is your signature piece of clothing? Why is it your signature? Easy…! Jeans. I wear them often. It’s kind of like a staple piece of clothing for me. I wear them often to work (yes it’s a casual office)…I could even wear slippers. I may get made fun of if someone noticed, but I could wear them. Back to the jeans, comfortable, casual, they match with everything and yet they can be dressed up for going out too! Gotta love them.
7. Who (band, artist, lecturer, etc.) would you most like to see on stage? I will be thinking about this, but I can tell you that I would probably enjoy some sort of inspirational lecture before a band or artist.
8. If you had to choose one character from a book that you feel is most like you, who would it be and why? I used to read a lot…not any more, at least not novels, I have no time for that. The person that popped into my head right away is Martha from the Bible. I can especially relate to her in the story when she’s hustling and bustling trying to get things in perfect order for Jesus, her dinner guest. When she complains that her sister Mary is not helping, He reminds her that the tasks at hand are not as important as sitting at His feet and listening. I have to remember that too! All my daily tasks and over thinking the planning of an event are not as important as spending time with Jesus or my family.
9. What is the most creative thing you’ve ever done? A looong time ago, when painting on t-shirts was popular I painted a really intricate picture on a t-shirt. I was so astonished that it came out so good. No paint by numbers or anything.
10. If you were to start another blog in addition to this blog, what would it be called? What would be the focus? If I decided to write another blog I would call it “One day At A Time” and the focus would be on living and enjoying life when someone you love or know, is affected by alcoholism or addiction.
So there you have it…just a little bit more “About Me”
And the blogs that I enjoyed finding and reading are below.
Blessed Beyond Crazy
The Queen and Her Court
If you’d like to accept the award, here are my questions for you:
1.What made you decide to write a blog and what is your hope for the purpose or mission is that blog?
2. What is your favorite thing about your blog that you hope others can appreciate?
3. What is your profession (and I include anyone who works at raising a family!), and how is it related to your blog?
4. If there was one project or accomplishment that you’d like to complete what would it be?
5. Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate?
6. What do you do with your pictures? Are they organized? Do you print them and put them in albums, if so what kind?
7. What is your favorite type of blog to read?
8. Which do you prefer, sweet or savory?
9. Do you have a guilty pleasure? What is it?
10. What is the most challenging thing that you’ve had to tackle in respect to blogging?
I’ve copied the rules from The Corner Farmhouse to make sure I get them just right.
“Official” Liebster Award Rules: Once a blogger is nominated, and they choose to ACCEPT the award, they should:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Upload the Liebster award badge to your blog
3. Post 5 facts about yourself and answer the 5-10 questions from the person who nominated you
4. Nominate and add a link to 5-10 blogs with fewer than 500 followers
5. Notify the nominees by email or leave a comment on their blog, include 5-10 questions