As it says in the “about me” section, of my blog, when I started the blog I was interested in exploring and sharing the things that made me tick, figuring out my likes, dislikes, dreams and hopes…and so on and so on. I’ve come to understand that this is ever changing, that as life changes and progresses so do all of those things I mentioned, and so do I.
Today I was reading another blog I like to visit, her post today was “Getting to Know Your Archetype“. I thought…what the heck is an “archetype”? Well, according to the website, an archetype is a pattern of behavior. It explains who you are and how you engage with the world around you. So being the good little clicker that I am…I clicked right on that link ArchetypeMe.com and answered the couple of questions to get to know me a little better. Not really but I it would be fun to see what it said. Plus, she has a give away and when you post your results you receive an entry for the give away. If you happen to be like me and you click over to the site and take the quiz, keep in mind you can choose more than 1 answer, in case there are two options that describe you. (and of course you can’t make up your mind because you don’t really know yourself, 🙂 ) Once you take the quiz it filters your answers and gives you some words that describe who you are…you know, just in case you don’t know.
I find things like this interesting…they always seem to have an element of correctness to them but I don’t put much care into the results. So here are my results.
- 37% Caregiver – A Caregiver is someone who lives to give and needs to be useful.
- 26% Spiritual – If you’re Spiritual, you are drawn to questions of faith and are concerned with consciousness
- 17% Intellectual – If you’re an Intellectual, you’re always seeking knowledge and wisdom
- 20% Other – It only says there are 7 other Archetypes to explore, I guess I’m 20% “mish mosh”.
I think the above words are some that would describe me, although “intellectual” feels like I must be saying I’m intelligent, really it’s just stating that I like to learn….and that I do.
Don’t really know what you’re supposed to do with this information other than their goal of getting you to join their website, it looks like another social website, YIKES! On the home page you can click on the words and explore a more detailed description of “who you are” based on the “percentages, if you so desire.
Even though I find all of this interesting, it really hasn’t told me anything that I already didn’t know. I also know some other things about myself, things that I want to remember and develop – Such as, Who I am in Christ. There are so many…I’ll just share a few that I want to hang on to.
- I Am A New Creation – ”Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- I Am Complete In Christ – “And you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.” – Colossians 2:10You
- I Have Been Chosen -“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.” – John 15:16
- I Am Free Forever From Condemnation – “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” – Romans 8:1-2
- I Am God’s Workmanship – “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” – Ephesians 2:10\
I think these bible verses tell me much more about me, especially who I want to be, than those other 3 words…and I am so thankful for that! And… just in case you doubt me, remember, I have spiritual and intellectual in my descriptive Archetype words. 🙂