I wish I had the opportunity to write more during this Christmas season. There were so many times that I thought…”Oh, I should post that”! ….But this Christmas season has been packed with stress, (some of it self induced) and many moments of wishing there were just more hours in the day.
As of yesterday, I’m officially done Christmas shopping, which is a far cry from those long ago days of being done by Thanksgiving but I’ve accepted that those days are long gone. For so many years I was working from home and that meant I was able to squeeze quick little trips to the mall or fun projects with the kids. I miss that!….Today the reality for me is that life is ever-changing and I need to learn to find the blessings and enjoy them….as they are.
I did have some ah ha moments and I thought I’d share a couple…..just in case someone needs to hear them. (more likely, so I can read them myself and remember)
- I tried not be be crabby on my days off as I jammed in a project here or there with my daughters.
- I did my best to keep my focus on the real meaning of this season and not go nuts with the commercialism of today’s Christmas season.
- I tried not to cry too much.
- I realized that decorating your house for Christmas helps you to get in the spirit
- I gave up reading some of the blogs I read, because I wished I had time to decorate like that!
- I decided that I like to decorate simply!
- I am blessed
- I missed shopping with mom. lol! (I mean I missed being able to shop with mom)
- I loved spending time with my girls
- I realized that being a grandma is pretty cool
- I didn’t bake myself crazy… my family and friends will live without all those goodies
- I only did the “things” I really wanted to do, not the things other’s wanted me to do
Those are just a couple of the things I’ve learned this Christmas. And for the next couple of days I’m going to enjoy my family, spend relaxing moments with the people I love, and relish in the celebration of the savior of the world.
Merry Christmas and love to you all!